Lehigh Valley Workers Comp Attorneys
Help for job injuries in the Lehigh Valley — Easton, Allentown and Bethlehem
Your employer is required to provide workers compensation insurance in the event that you are injured in the workplace. However, job injury claims are routinely denied. You may be told that your injuries are not as severe as you say, or that you should be able to perform other work that you are not qualified to do. Our skilled attorney Adam D. Meshkov represents you and insists that you receive compensation for your work-related injuries.
Your workers compensation benefits
When you are injured at work, you are entitled to:
- Full coverage of your medical bills related to the job injury
- Two-thirds of your average weekly wage when you are unable to work
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry’s Bureau of Workers Compensation reviews your claim and determines whether you have a:
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD) — You were unable to work during your recovery, but can now return to your job at full capacity.
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) — You are able to return to work, but cannot perform the same functions as you could before you were injured.
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) — You are no longer able to work at all.
Your claim may be denied altogether, or your degree of disability may be challenged. The denial letter may state that you could have returned to work sooner, or that you can return to work now although you are permanently disabled.
What to do when your workers comp claim is denied
After you have received a denial letter, your next step is to contact an attorney. Our workers compensation lawyer, Adam D. Meshkov, represents you in a hearing and fights for your right to benefits. If the Bureau of Workers Compensation continues to resist paying or correctly categorizing your claim, Adam takes your case to the Workers Compensation Appeal Board in Philadelphia.
Get help from our Lehigh Valley workers compensation lawyer
You have a right to workers compensation when you are hurt on the job in Pennsylvania. We can help you get the benefits you deserve. If your injuries prevent you from travelling, we meet with you in your home or at your hospital bed. Contact Meshkov & Breslin online to inquire about our services or call (610) 438-6300 to schedule your free consultation.